Friday, April 12, 2013

Pet Peeve #3: CHEATERS

Over the years I've broken-off flies on trees and sunken branches. Occasionally the flies can be retrieved. In the process there can be unforeseen bounty; such as other flies that have been captured by the same obstruction. What never ceases to amaze me is the percentage of those flies that are BARBED; even though the regulations mandate barbless hooks.

My unscientific fly-gathering, and those of other fly fishing buddies, confirms that 50% of retrieved flies are NOT DEBARBED.
How does one say....CHEATERS!!*

* Please refer to Definition # 7 on October 12, 2010

1 comment:

  1. tb---I'm guessing yes...but, they're up & down the river, I see them everywhere...not in big numbers.

    Technically it is legal to fish bait on the Truckee river upstream of the inflow to Trout Creek; all the way upstream to 1000 feet below Lake Tahoe. (no fishing at all).

    Frank

    Frank

    ReplyDelete