Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bend Orgeon's ORVIS NorthWest Guide Rendezvous

During May 12-13 I attended the ORVIS Guide Rendezvous in Bend Oregon. I had never been there, although I've always wanted to fish the Deschutes river for its Redsides and the famous Salmon Fly hatch. I didn't fish, but want to return there again to fished the river.

After spending a night at Weed CA at my sister-in-law's we had a pleasant drive through southern Oregon via highway #97.

Sport Shop in Crescent Oregon

Tom Evenson leads a seminar at the Ameritel Hotel; topic being Internet marketing. Tom is ORVIS' western ELOG (Endorsed Lodges, Outfitters & Guides) director.


Jeff Putman demonstrating/instructing Spey rod techniques on the Deschutes river
"Hole" #2, one of 18 challenging tests on the Casting Course at the Old Mill area along the Deschutes river....ORVIS company store in the background. There was a 3-hole challenge event amongst the attendees.; suffice it to say I did not win any of the first 3 prizes...







3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time to me. That casting challenge looks like a blast. Love the Bear pic on top of the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TM----Overall the event was fun. The 18 'hole' casting course will test your skills. There are three degrees of difficulty relative to "par" for each hole; beginner, advanced & expert. Each level has x-amount of shots (attempts) at accuracy, distance and 'on' and 'off' shoulder over-head & roll-casts....a real test of one's skills.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank, I have fished the Deschutes near Sun River and also the small waters upstream of Crane Prairie Res, has to be the most beautiful place I've ever fished!

    ReplyDelete