Thursday, January 27, 2011

Truckee Conditons....

Suddenly...we need more snow! I should have shut my mouth in conversations noting La Nina's tendency for minimal snow in January & February after strong Decembers. We have not had a significant snow-fall for going on 4 weeks. Admittedly we've experienced some beautiful , sunny days though. The upside is that the fly fishing has been productive and very accessible, most especially on the BT. Dead-drifting a small/big tandem, some lead, under an indicator is my personal preference right now.


3 comments:

  1. The are very active when hooked. Nice size to them as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mickey---Yes indeed. As I mentioned on a recent report; decent sized Browns have been netted. Since I haven't been out in several days, the reports I'm getting indicate mostly RainBows.

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Frank, love that run, great photo. I'll stop by and see you in Pleasanton.

    ReplyDelete