Monday, May 3, 2010

Revisiting Distant Waters....

I was invited to be an instructor at the ClearWater Guide School in Burney CA; April 25-May 2...flattering. I left Truckee April 23 and stayed that evening as a guest along the banks of Fall river in "the other house" of Truckee residents Hugh & Denice Willaims . On Saturday the 25th ("opening day"), Hugh & I drift-fished the Fall...pre-during-post a PMD hatch. From there I arrived at the Clearwater Lodge on Pit River on Saturday evening, my home for the next week. The school started Sunday afternoon. I would like to thank Lodge managers Bill & Vanessa Downs for the gracious invite.

After I get settled in, catch-up on my "administrative" stuff & un-pack I'm going to provide a lengthy post along with pictures. Suffice it to say I knew lots more and...lots less...relative to fly fishing during the next week. I also became re-acquainted with some "inter-mountain" waters of my earlier immersion into fly fishing and met some new friends; both instructors and students.

No comments:

Post a Comment