Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Season Winding Down & Annoucements

We're anticpating a series of snow falls starting Sunday. It will add to the existing snow-pack. Access to the big Truckee (BT) & Little Truckee (LT) and other local waters wil become limited. The season is winding down...

Now my focus is on the upcoming "off-season" activities. Early on, December 12-18, I'll be on the Trinity River, in search of the Big Tug (da tug is da drug!) of a Steelhead. This is the 5th year of our group of four; we rent a cabin in Lewiston and hire drift-guides for three days.
Then (late January to mid-February), I'll make my annual trek to the southern hemisphere's Chilean Patagonia...what else!...fly fishing in a very remote area of the world. I'll be there from 1/29-2/14 2010. There is no one within a 25 mile radius of the lodge (http://www.picacholodge.com/); except us six anglers, three guides, the owner/manager, handy-man and cook/house-keeper. Think of joining me in 2011. Also get on my e-list for announcements on Chile and other "hosted" fly- angling adventures I'm planning...at a "deal you can't refuse".
...Spam it is!

I'll be in the Sierra Fisherman magazine's booth at the San Mateo's ISE show (January 14-17, 2010). On the Friday & Saturday, the 15th and 16th, I'll be part of a seminar/presentation on fly fishing the northern Sierra. During 26-28 February 2010, I'll share a booth with my compatriots in the Truckee Guide NetWork at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show. We'll also be in the Presentation Theater with the updated (...some fabulous new images!) "Fly Fishing Opportunities in the Tahoe-Truckee Area".
I'll be posting on the aforementioned happenings. As is said..."stay tuned".

No comments:

Post a Comment