Sunday, October 3, 2010

"...want a champagne shower?"...plus Truckee FFing Update


F*#K YEAH!!

This is the response from Tim "da Freak" Lincecum; pitcher for the San Francisco Giants; consecutive, two-time...2008 & 09 seasons...Cy Young award winner of the National League. The Giants just won the Western Division of the National League. I'm thinking that this response will be forever immortalized in the world of televised Major League BaseBall history!

This post is dedicated to three of my favorite people... da Dom, Swill de Beers and finally "Gonzo" McKurtis (who graciously invited me to fish with him today...but I declined having to see the SF Giants & 49er games on TV). The first two I know are SF Giants die-hards.

...current FLY FISHING REPORT:

Per the previous report..the BT is producing fish via two methods; indicator nymphing, 2-3 #6 shot, big & small tandem of # 20 Rubber-Legged, Copper John and #16 PTFBPT under an indicator or hopper/dropper using the aforementioned # 20 trailer; having been what my clients are using...small trout so far. Water still low in mid-section and temps are just fine. If you venture into the "canyon", think October Caddis PUPAE patterns , swinging such patterns in the tail-outs...advice, up-tick your tippet size.

The LT...crowded; even at mid-week! Dam to TU's '09 national TV feature in its "On The Rise" series and Andy's article in the 2005 spring issue of NorthWest Fly Fishing. Now, if someone offers me a grand...as in US $1000.00... MAYBE I'll consider publishing my 3600-word version of the LT in a national magazine (go to my homepage & click-on Little Truckee...it is there)...IMO best ever written on the subject. Yes, I can be a writing-whore.

The "Meadow" area remains unpredictable, super-low in cfs; not knowing when you''ll see "heads"...if so inclined. Ron Soskowski of Coronado CA finally seduced a 17-1/2" RB on a #22 Harrop CDC Captive BWO Dun...after we changed flies about 3-4 times to a pod of 4-5 steadily sipping 17"-22" trout. So, if looking for "technical" fly fishing head for the Meadow. I'm suggesting 11 AM-3:30 PM as PrimeTime for "head-hunting".

HINT: Otherwise, check-out inlet flows into lakes or rivers...enough said.

We're experiencing overcast skies, both drizzle & heavy downpours, thunder & lighting for the next 6 days...bring rain-gear. The fall fishing is shaping-up to be epic.

1 comment: