Saturday, March 23, 2019

Sage Words from the Icons #15


"I fish because I love to fish. Because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful, and hate the environs where crowds of people are found, which are  invariably ugly.
Because…my fishing is at once and endless source of delight and an act of rebellion…

because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed, or impressed by power,
but respond only to quietude and humility, and endless patience…

Because mercifully there are no telephones on trout waters…in the woods I can find solitude without loneliness…

finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important,
but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant

…and merely not so much fun"

ROBERT TRAVER

NOTE: All images of southern Chilean Patagonia...There's absolutely no  need to travel to the distant southern hemisphere...beauty and great trout fly fishing is in your backyard...seek it!




No comments:

Post a Comment